Maid in Taiwan, Taiwan Housekeeping, Domestic Helper - Allo' Expat Taiwan
Allo' Expat Taiwan - Connecting Expats in Taiwan
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Taiwan Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Taiwan
Taiwan General Information
Taiwan Expatriates Handbook
Taiwan and Foreign Government
Taiwan General Listings
Taiwan Useful Tips
Housing in Taiwan
Pets to bring into Taiwan
Maids in Taiwan
Taiwan driving license
Bringing your car to Taiwan
Customs & Etiquettes
Taiwan Education & Medical
Taiwan Travel & Tourism Info
Taiwan Lifestyle & Leisure
Taiwan Business Matters
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Partly Cloudy
1(USD) = 29.2095(TWD)
Sun | 02:23AM

Maids in Taiwan (Domestic Help)

English-speaking domestic employees, usually women from the Philippines and known as 'amahs', are available. Many have previous work experience in American homes. Salaries vary depending on the work performed, but since you must sponsor the services of an amah hired from outside of Taiwan, employment packages need to include round trip air fare to the Philippines (approximately $250) plus room and board or a housing allowance. Salaries range from $500 to $700 per month (for full-time) plus a bonus month's pay at Christmas or New Year's. Most amahs work five and one-half days per week and do daytime childcare. Some cook and are able to assist with entertaining responsibilities.

Part-time employment of an amah that is being sponsored by another family can sometimes be arranged. It is difficult to find Chinese servants who will live in; however, Filipinas are quite willing to accept these positions. Some expatriate families have hired Chinese nannies to care for their children. With the exception of the small apartments, most expatriate homes have basic quarters for a domestic employee.

Gardening (mowing the grass, raking leaves, trimming hedges and shrubbery) by a local yard service can be arranged but the monthly cost is about $100. Most amahs don't do gardening.

Local laws offer minimal protective welfare to domestic workers. Amahs apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) and must apply for National Health Insurance (NHI). The employer picks up the majority of the NHI premium, presently at 60%.




copyrights ©
2011 | Policy