Allo' Expat Taiwan - Connecting Expats in Taiwan
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Taiwan Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter

  Taiwan Expat Tips Menu
Taiwan Driving License
Taiwan Immigration
Taiwan Visa
Taiwan Legislation & Etiquette
Taiwan Cost of Living
Taiwan Crime & Security
Taiwanese Currency
Teaching English
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Taiwan Immigration Information

Taiwan Immigration Information regarding residency

I. Alien residents

Foreigners holding resident visas and intending to live (for more than 180 days) in the Republic of China (ROC):
Should apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) with the foreign affairs section of their local police bureau within 15 days after entering the nation or switching status to resident visa.

Should apply for reentry permit before leaving the country (Simultaneously file reentry permit application when applying for ARC except for foreign blue-collar workers and overseas Chinese students) if reentering the nation is necessary.

II. Permanent resident foreigners:

Foreigners holding an Alien Permanent Resident Certificate (APRC):
May re-enter the nation with passport and APRC, without applying for reentry permit.

Will face APRC revocation if fail to stay in the ROC for more than 183 days in a calendar year.

III. Foreigners staying in the ROC:

Those holding visitor visas or entering the nation with visa-exemption or getting landing visas upon arrival for short-term (under 180 days) stay:
Should file application attached with relevant documents with police bureau before the deadline of duration of stay, if the foreigners hold extendable 60-day visitor visas but in need of an extension of stay. Each extended period must not exceed the original duration of stay of such visa while the cumulative duration of stay must not exceed 180 days from the next day of arrival in the ROC.

Are ineligible for extension when holding a visitor visa for 14-day stay, 30-day stay, or an unextendable 60-day stay visitor visa. But they may apply for extension of stay due to a special situation with approval for switching visa within the deadline of duration of stay of original visa at the Bureau of Consular Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

May stay up to 30 days if entering the nation with visa-exemption, but are ineligible for extension.

Calculation of actual stay begins at the zero hour of the next day of arrival in the ROC.

See more information on the next page... (next)



copyrights ©
2019 | Policy